SuRe® StandardSuRe® launched at COP21 on
9 December 2015
News about GIBFind out what GIB is doing.
The 5th GIB SummitBrowse through the gallery
GIB Project FinderFind Global Sustainable Infrastructure Projects
What is Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB)?
Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Foundation is a Swiss foundation based in Basel working to promote sustainable and resilient infrastructure through sustainable infrastructure design and financing on a global scale. Active since 2008, GIB works with multiple stakeholders ranging from city representatives to project developers and infrastructure financiers, with a focus on emerging and developing countries. GIB envisions a world where sustainable and resilient infrastructure is the norm rather than the exception.
GIB supports the development and financing of sustainable and resilient infrastructure:
- by designing leading standards for infrastructure design and performance assessment, as well as credit rating and insurance
- based on multi-stakeholder approaches taking into account relevant expertise across sectors and regions
- by strengthening the capacity of relevant stakeholders in the public sector, infrastruc-ture and financial sector to integrate relevant environmental, social and governance aspects
- by advancing research exploring the link between the sustainability and resilience performance of infrastructure projects and their financial performance
- by contributing to shaping the policy agenda
“At GIB, there are other mayors from other parts of the world and it is important to exchange ideas on that level (…) we have the opportunity to engage industry and funders for some of our projects”
“We support GIB because it brings together the different stakeholders, particularly cities which are looking for financing and investors.”
“GIB was an important point for us in terms of engaging with the investment community. We were able to develop a longer lasting dialogue with a number of banks which had mutual benefit.”
“The GIB event was very important for me. It added a lot of value to my programme and greatly increased our knowledge. I also met many investors and consultants through this event.”